February 9, 2017 | Quoted by Alex Lockie - Business Insider
Iran pulls missile from launchpad following being put ‘on notice’ by Trump administration
Iran appears to have pulled a ballistic missile that appeared prepared for testing off a launch pad after being put “on notice” by the US, according to a report from Fox News on Tuesday.
Studying satellite imagery, Fox determined that Iran pulled a Safir missile from the launch pad in recent days.
Patrick Megahan, an expert on Iran's missile programs at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, told Business Insider that the Safir has been used to launch a satellite into space in the past.
However, “it could serve as a test-bed for technology that may be used in a future ICBM, said Megahan.
“Why they removed it from the launch pad this time could be for a number of reasons, including they noticed a technical deficiency before launch, were experimenting with a new launch pad or procedure, or got skittish following the US response to last week’s missile test,” said Megahan. “I think it’s too difficult to tell based on what we know.”
Read the full article here.